Looks like you are a new visitor to this site. Hello!
Welcome to Hope For Film! Come participate in the discussion, and I encourage you to enter your email address in the sidebar and subscribe. It's free! And easy! If you have any suggestions on how to improve this website or suggestions for topics please don't hesitate to write in to any of the blogs.
(If you keep getting this message, you probably have cookies turned off.)
WILDFIRE POST-PRODUCTION SOUND GRANT
Film Independent is now accepting submissions for the Wildfire Post-Production Sound Grant, a complimentary Sound Mix provided by Wildfire Post-Production Studios on a feature film project selected by Film Independent Artist Development.
To be eligible, applicants must be either Film Independent Fellows, alumni of the Los Angeles Film Festival or Spirit Awards nominees/winners. Film Independent will award this grant on or before November 1, 2012.
Sound Package includes:
- 4 Weeks Supervising Sound Editorial
- 8 Hours ADR Recording
- 2 Days Foley Recording
- 45 Hours Final Mix
- 9 Hours Final Mix Playback and Fixes
- 9 Hours Printmaster
- Sound Deliverables provided on Firewire Drive
Value of services: $40,000. Fulfillment of services is to be scheduled anytime before March 31, 2013, with the exception of the month of January 2013.
- Applicants must be the director or producer of a feature – narrative or documentary – that is in the rough cut stage.
- Applicants must be either (a) alumni of Film Independent’s Artist Development programs; (b) alumni of the Los Angeles Film Festival; (c) a past Spirit Award Nominee or Winner; or (d) solicited by Film Independent.
- All submitted films must be feature length.
- Applicants must be current Film Independent members.
How to Apply – Applications open September 12, 2012
To be considered for the Wildfire Post Production Sound Grant, qualifying filmmakers must apply on the Film Independent website. Applicants must complete the online application form, which includes:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the award
- Detailed written plan outlining the filmmaker’s post-production process and timeline
- Budget and detailed outline of funds raised to date
- Project status and history, including any awards the script has won, talent development programs the project has been developed in, etc.
- Logline and synopsis
- Bios of key cast and crew attached
- Rough cut or final cut of the film on DVD or via URL
- $35 application fee
Application deadline: October 1, 2012
DVD of the film (rough cut or final cut) must be received by October 8, 2012
Film Independent employs the following guidelines in making its selections:
- Overall quality of the film
- Strength of post production plan
- Uniqueness of vision
- Original, provocative subject matter
- Well-conceived plan for how to use the award
Overseeing the Award
Film Independent staff will select the winner of the award, oversee the administration of the award to the winning filmmaker and will monitor the services rendered.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Jennifer Kushner, Director of Artist Development: email@example.com